East Side Santa Cruz is a renowned coastal area in unincorporated Santa Cruz County, California consisting of the areas known as Pleasure Point and Live Oak. Located along the scenic coastline and just a short 30-minute drive from Silicon Valley, this community offers the perfect balance of beach-town living and accessibility to urban amenities. Surrounded by the Santa Cruz Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, the area boasts a range of outdoor adventures, from mountain exploration to oceanfront activities.
East Side Santa Cruz and Pleasure Point are known for their vibrant surf culture, beautiful beaches, and diverse community, attracting residents and visitors alike. With a mix of students from nearby UCSC, tech professionals from Silicon Valley, and long-time locals, these neighborhoods offer an eclectic and lively atmosphere. In 2022, the real estate market in East Side Santa Cruz and Pleasure Point saw 290 homes sold. The average price of a single-family home during this period was $1.6 million, while the average townhome or condo sold for $959,000*.
East Side Santa Cruz and Pleasure Point real estate offerings include stunning oceanfront properties, charming coastal cottages, luxury new construction homes, and a variety of other styles to suit every preference. The neighborhoods are known for their laid-back beach vibes, vibrant local businesses, and easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities.
Explore East Side Santa Cruz and Pleasure Point real estate to find the perfect coastal home, whether it's a stunning oceanfront property or a cozy beach cottage. With their unparalleled natural beauty and vibrant community atmosphere, these neighborhoods offer the best of Santa Cruz living.
WHAT TO LOVE
- Beautiful beaches
- Laid-back atmosphere
- Vibrant surf culture
- Numerous dining and shopping options
- Outdoor recreational opportunities
DINING, ENTERTAINMENT & SHOPPING
East Side Santa Cruz, Pleasure Point, and Live Oak have a variety of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. Visitors can explore the unique shops, cafes, and restaurants that contribute to the areas' charm.
WHERE TO EAT:
- East End Gastropub: Contemporary eatery with menu that includes mix of comfort food and creative cuisine, with options such as wood-fired pizzas, gourmet burgers, salads, and small plates. Casual yet stylish atmosphere makes it a great spot for a relaxed meal or a night out with friends.
- Suda: Popular restaurant in the Pleasure Point area known for its eclectic menu, combining Californian and global flavors. Modern and inviting atmosphere, along with its outdoor patio, makes it a great spot for a delicious meal or a fun night out.
- The Point Kitchen & Bar: Casual eatery located in Pleasure Point, Santa Cruz, known for its American and Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. Great spot for brunch!
- Aloha Island Grille: Very casual and affordable eatery that specializes in Hawaiian cuisine, offering a taste of the islands in a laid-back setting. Menu includes a variety of island favorites such as plate lunches, poke bowls, kalua pork, teriyaki chicken, and more.
- Harbor Cafe: Beloved local eatery in Santa Cruz, offering classic American breakfast and lunch dishes in a fun atmosphere with great outdoor dining on picnic tables with tiki bar. The full bar serves bloody marys, mimosas, and other cocktails, making it a popular spot for brunch. The cafe's outdoor patio and laid-back vibe make it an enjoyable place to start your Saturday or Sunday in Santa Cruz.
WHERE TO DRINK:
- New Bohemia Brewing Company (NuBo): Craft brewery with focus on European-style lagers and ales with a modern twist, using traditional brewing methods. The brewery features a spacious taproom where you can enjoy their wide selection of beers, and they often host events and food trucks.
- East Cliff Brewing Company: This small brewery offers a variety of craft beers in a laid-back atmosphere. The taproom is family and dog-friendly, and there's often live music or food trucks to enjoy alongside your beer.
WHERE TO WORK WHILE SIPPING COFFEE:
- Verve Coffee Roasters: A popular coffee shop in the Pleasure Point area, Verve serves high-quality coffee, espresso drinks, and a variety of pastries.
- Coffeetopia: The OG coffee shop of Pleasure Point, for true locals, with an additional location in Live Oak on Capitola Rd Near 17th.
- Cat & Cloud: The first location of this now popular coffee shop, with additional locations on the Far West Side and Aptos. A fun place to get together for coffee with friends before a surf.
THINGS TO DO
- Iconic surf spots: Pleasure Point, 38th Avenue, Rockview, Sewers, Sharks, Wind and Sea, 2-6, Privates, and The Hook are just some of the many popular surf breaks in the area, drawing surfers of all skill levels.
- Beaches: With several beautiful beaches such as 26th, 38th, Santa Mo's and Seabright Beach, residents and visitors can enjoy sunbathing, swimming, paddle-boarding, beach-combing (check tide charts for stunning tide pools during low tide), and stunning ocean views. Walks along East Cliff from the Point to the Hook are popular at all times of day, and a fun way to socialize with neighbors who may also be out-and-about.
- Shopping: Pleasure Point offers many unique shops and boutiques offering everything from surf gear and clothing to home goods and local crafts. Our favorites include: Zen Island, Freeline Surf Shop, The Boardroom, The Warmth Company, and Rootstock Collective - all located at the beach end of 41st Avenue.
- Farmers Market: There is an excellent Sunday morning Farmer's Market at the East Cliff Plaza.